About UofL Hospital
As the academic hospital at the heart of the Louisville metro area, UofL Hospital is quite literally at the center of the latest developments in patient care. Our doctors, nurses and staff are pioneering the treatments that are shaping the future of health care.
The features of UofL Hospital â€“ including a top-notch cancer center, renowned trauma team and uniquely streamlined, nationally accredited stroke center â€“ are simply the latest innovations in our long history of world-class care. Our goal is not just to save lives and restore health, but get our patients back to enjoying their lives as fully and quickly as possible.
I love working here because we are an elite group. Our nurses perform at 110 percent and are always prepared for the unexpected.
University of Louisville Hospital News Highlights
- 10/30/2018Last year, Jaclyn Maria and her husband were leaving University of Louisville Hospital with a brand new bundle of life, Luca. Taking home their babyâ€¦
- 10/26/2018University of Louisville Hospital this morning opened its newly renovated and expanded Burn Center, currently the only dedicated burn unit in theâ€¦
- 10/24/2018UofL Hospital has been re-verified as a Level I Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons, recognizing the hospitalâ€™s dedication to providingâ€¦
- 10/17/2018UofL Hospital will host its first Nurse Executive and Nurse Executive Advanced nursing certification Exam Review on Dec. 3 and 4 in Louisville, Ky.â€¦
- 10/01/2018UofL Hospital - Trauma Center will hold a symposium providing the latest information on innovative approaches to trauma and emergency care. This yearâ€¦
- 09/26/2018Join UofL Hospital - Comprehensive Stroke Center for the Strides for Stroke Walk on Saturday, Oct. 13 at Brown Park. This annual event is held toâ€¦
- 09/25/2018October is National Physical Therapy Awareness MonthÂ and UofL Hospitalâ€™s physical therapy department and trauma center are collaborating to spreadâ€¦
- 09/10/2018UofL Hospital Trauma Social Workers will lead the R.I.S.E. Club (Resiliency in a Supportive Environment) at the Boys & Girls Clubs of Kentuckianaâ€¦
- 08/22/2018The University of Louisville Hospital â€“ Comprehensive Stroke Center is piloting a new effort to provide follow-up care for stroke patients after theyâ€¦
More than 12,000 surgery procedures are completed at UofL Hospital annually including simple procedures, such as gallbladder surgery and hernia repair, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery to the most complex, including cancer treatment, vascular surgery and much more. Many of our procedures are minimally invasive, which means faster recovery, less scarring and quicker return to what matters most. In all, UofL Hospital has 18 operating rooms, including two featuring the da VinciÂ® Robot, and more than 40 multi-specialty surgeons who are also the teachers and researchers at UofL School of Medicine. Learn more about our Surgery Services