About UofL Hospital
As the academic hospital at the heart of the Louisville metro area, UofL Hospital is quite literally at the center of the latest developments in patient care. Our doctors, nurses and staff are pioneering the treatments that are shaping the future of health care.
The features of UofL Hospital â€“ including a top-notch cancer center, renowned trauma team and uniquely streamlined, nationally accredited stroke center â€“ are simply the latest innovations in our long history of world-class care. Our goal is not just to save lives and restore health, but get our patients back to enjoying their lives as fully and quickly as possible.
I have a heart for trauma patients and their families.Â I consider it an honor to assist in theirÂ healing.Â UofL Hospital is an amazing place to work. â€ť
University of Louisville Hospital News Highlights
- 08/05/2019For nine years, a mammogram was part of Leigh Rae Kmiecâ€™s annual visit to the Kentucky State Fair. Beginning when she was 40, the age most womenâ€¦
- 07/24/2019Amber Bow knew she was sick, but did not seek treatment for hepatitis C for more than two years. She did not realize just how much the virus wasâ€¦
- 07/19/2019Hepatitis C is the most common blood-borne infection in the United States. And Kentucky ranks firstÂ in new infections. Between 2004-2014, hepatitis Câ€¦
- 07/19/2019UofL Hospital, UofL James Graham Brown Cancer Center, UofL Physicians and Kentucky Cancer Program are pleased to announce they will once again be aâ€¦
- 06/14/2019The University of Louisville has notified Catholic Health Initiatives and its affiliate, KentuckyOne Health, that it is ending negotiations toâ€¦
- 06/13/2019University of Louisville Hospital has received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Associationâ€™s Get With The GuidelinesÂ® Target: Strokeâ€¦
- 05/28/2019Molly O'Keefe, J'Aime Jennings, Michelle Broers, Jodi Wojcik-Marshall Â As the only provider of burn wound care services in Kentucky and a larger 250-â€¦
- 05/17/2019We love our EMS and appreciate your service to our organization and our community.Â Join us for a week full of food and fun!: Â Â Monday, May 20 Pizzaâ€¦
- 05/10/2019UofL Hospitalâ€™s Nursing Education and Research Department offers a number of educational and leadership opportunities to our nurses and clinicalâ€¦
More than 12,000 surgery procedures are completed at UofL Hospital annually including simple procedures, such as gallbladder surgery and hernia repair, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery to the most complex, including cancer treatment, vascular surgery and much more. Many of our procedures are minimally invasive, which means faster recovery, less scarring and quicker return to what matters most. In all, UofL Hospital has 18 operating rooms, including two featuring the da VinciÂ® Robot, and more than 40 multi-specialty surgeons who are also the teachers and researchers at UofL School of Medicine. Learn more about our Surgery Services