About UofL Hospital
As the academic hospital at the heart of the Louisville metro area, UofL Hospital is quite literally at the center of the latest developments in patient care. Our doctors, nurses and staff are pioneering the treatments that are shaping the future of health care.
The features of UofL Hospital â€“ including a top-notch cancer center, renowned trauma team and uniquely streamlined, nationally accredited stroke center â€“ are simply the latest innovations in our long history of world-class care. Our goal is not just to save lives and restore health, but get our patients back to enjoying their lives as fully and quickly as possible.
I love working here because we are an elite group. Our nurses perform at 110 percent and are always prepared for the unexpected.
University of Louisville Hospital News Highlights
- 04/18/2019Â Heâ€™s one of UofL Hospitalâ€™s newest employees. Travis, a facility dog, helps put patients at ease while motivating them during physical orâ€¦
- 04/09/2019UofL Hospital and the UofL School of Nursing will host a free advanced practice conference on Friday, Aug. 23, focusing on health care-relatedâ€¦
- 04/03/2019If you are looking for a unique opportunity to serve others this summer, consider volunteering for UofL Hospital and UofL James Graham Brown Cancerâ€¦
- 03/28/2019Surgical staff at UofL Hospital have repurposed an everyday medical item to help some of the cityâ€™s most vulnerable. Employees collected used wrapsâ€¦
- 03/13/2019Ashley Clayton Kayâ€™s pregnancy was perfect, but after a rough night during her third trimester, still more than two months from her due date, it tookâ€¦
- 03/12/2019A unit at University of Louisville Hospital has been nationally recognized for exceptional patient care, earning the Beacon Award for Excellence fromâ€¦
- 02/27/2019Â UofL Hospital is dedicated to supporting the survivors of traumatic injuries. Â Uncontrolled bleeding is the number one cause of preventable deathâ€¦
- 02/26/2019Recognized as individuals who improve the lives of others, two UofL Hospital staff are honored with the Commitment to Compassion Award.Â Amandaâ€¦
- 02/18/2019After learning she had a family history of brain aneurysms, Mary Steinhilber went in for testing to see whether she also had an aneurysm. Doctorsâ€¦
More than 12,000 surgery procedures are completed at UofL Hospital annually including simple procedures, such as gallbladder surgery and hernia repair, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery to the most complex, including cancer treatment, vascular surgery and much more. Many of our procedures are minimally invasive, which means faster recovery, less scarring and quicker return to what matters most. In all, UofL Hospital has 18 operating rooms, including two featuring the da VinciÂ® Robot, and more than 40 multi-specialty surgeons who are also the teachers and researchers at UofL School of Medicine. Learn more about our Surgery Services