About UofL Hospital
As the academic hospital at the heart of the Louisville metro area, UofL Hospital is quite literally at the center of the latest developments in patient care. Our doctors, nurses and staff are pioneering the treatments that are shaping the future of health care.
The features of UofL Hospital â€“ including a top-notch cancer center, renowned trauma team and uniquely streamlined, nationally accredited stroke center â€“ are simply the latest innovations in our long history of world-class care. Our goal is not just to save lives and restore health, but get our patients back to enjoying their lives as fully and quickly as possible.
I love working here because we are an elite group. Our nurses perform at 110 percent and are always prepared for the unexpected.
University of Louisville Hospital News Highlights
- 05/17/2019We love our EMS and appreciate your service to our organization and our community.Â Join us for a week full of food and fun!: Â Â Monday, May 20 Pizzaâ€¦
- 05/10/2019UofL Hospitalâ€™s Nursing Education and Research Department offers a number of educational and leadership opportunities to our nurses and clinicalâ€¦
- 05/09/2019As the only adult Level 1 Trauma Center in the region, UofL Hospital will host several educational and outreach events in May for National Traumaâ€¦
- 05/02/2019Just in time for the Kentucky Oaks, the University of Louisville Trager Institute has launched its own â€śOACSâ€ť â€“ a new support group for those whoâ€¦
- 04/18/2019Â Heâ€™s one of UofL Hospitalâ€™s newest employees. Travis, a facility dog, helps put patients at ease while motivating them during physical orâ€¦
- 04/09/2019UofL Hospital and the UofL School of Nursing will host a free advanced practice conference on Friday, Aug. 23, focusing on health care-relatedâ€¦
- 04/03/2019Â Teens considering a profession in health care have a unique opportunity to spend part of the summer volunteering at UofL Hospital, while alsoâ€¦
- 03/28/2019Surgical staff at UofL Hospital have repurposed an everyday medical item to help some of the cityâ€™s most vulnerable. Employees collected used wrapsâ€¦
- 03/13/2019Ashley Clayton Kayâ€™s pregnancy was perfect, but after a rough night during her third trimester, still more than two months from her due date, it tookâ€¦
More than 12,000 surgery procedures are completed at UofL Hospital annually including simple procedures, such as gallbladder surgery and hernia repair, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery to the most complex, including cancer treatment, vascular surgery and much more. Many of our procedures are minimally invasive, which means faster recovery, less scarring and quicker return to what matters most. In all, UofL Hospital has 18 operating rooms, including two featuring the da VinciÂ® Robot, and more than 40 multi-specialty surgeons who are also the teachers and researchers at UofL School of Medicine. Learn more about our Surgery Services