About UofL Hospital
As the academic hospital at the heart of the Louisville metro area, UofL Hospital is quite literally at the center of the latest developments in patient care. Our doctors, nurses and staff are pioneering the treatments that are shaping the future of health care.
The features of UofL Hospital â€“ including a top-notch cancer center, renowned trauma team and uniquely streamlined, nationally accredited stroke center â€“ are simply the latest innovations in our long history of world-class care. Our goal is not just to save lives and restore health, but get our patients back to enjoying their lives as fully and quickly as possible.
I have a heart for trauma patients and their families.Â I consider it an honor to assist in theirÂ healing.Â UofL Hospital is an amazing place to work. â€ť
University of Louisville Hospital News Highlights
- 11/26/2019Patients who are in the hospital during the holidays miss out on time with friends and family gathered around for a wonderful meal. This year, Alexâ€¦
- 11/06/2019Daniel Metzinger, MD Robotic surgery at UofL Health â€“ UofL Hospital has provided patients the benefits of smaller incisions, less pain, shorterâ€¦
- 11/01/2019The University of Louisville has completed its acquisition of KentuckyOne Healthâ€™s Louisville-area portfolio, ending two years of uncertainty aboutâ€¦
- 10/11/2019First-time parents Travis and Heather Coulterâ€™s twin infants, Samantha and Samuel, spent 75 days in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) at UofLâ€¦
- 09/09/2019Former gunshot wound patients visited UofL Hospital to express gratitude to the nurses and trauma surgeons for saving their lives.Â In a specialâ€¦
- 08/20/2019On Wednesday, August 21 President Donald Trump will be in Louisville for two separate events. President Trump will visit The Galt House and Seelbachâ€¦
- 08/05/2019For nine years, a mammogram was part of Leigh Rae Kmiecâ€™s annual visit to the Kentucky State Fair. Beginning when she was 40, the age most womenâ€¦
- 07/24/2019Amber Bow knew she was sick, but did not seek treatment for hepatitis C for more than two years. She did not realize just how much the virus wasâ€¦
- 07/19/2019Hepatitis C is the most common blood-borne infection in the United States. And Kentucky ranks firstÂ in new infections. Between 2004-2014, hepatitisâ€¦
More than 12,000 surgery procedures are completed at UofL Hospital annually including simple procedures, such as gallbladder surgery and hernia repair, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery to the most complex, including cancer treatment, vascular surgery and much more. Many of our procedures are minimally invasive, which means faster recovery, less scarring and quicker return to what matters most. In all, UofL Hospital has 18 operating rooms, including two featuring the da VinciÂ® Robot, and more than 40 multi-specialty surgeons who are also the teachers and researchers at UofL School of Medicine. Learn more about our Surgery Services