About UofL Hospital
As the academic hospital at the heart of the Louisville metro area, UofL Hospital is quite literally at the center of the latest developments in patient care. Our doctors, nurses and staff are pioneering the treatments that are shaping the future of health care.
The features of UofL Hospital â€“ including a top-notch cancer center, renowned trauma team and uniquely streamlined, nationally accredited stroke center â€“ are simply the latest innovations in our long history of world-class care. Our goal is not just to save lives and restore health, but get our patients back to enjoying their lives as fully and quickly as possible.
I have a heart for trauma patients and their families.Â I consider it an honor to assist in theirÂ healing.Â UofL Hospital is an amazing place to work. â€ť
University of Louisville Hospital News Highlights
- 01/14/2021UofL Health â€“ Specialty Pharmacy proudly announces it has achieved accreditation through Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC).â€¦
- 12/21/2020Michael Standiford is 46 years old and is currently enrolled at a university in Florida where he is pursuing his bachelorâ€™s degree in Psychology.â€¦
- 09/03/2020Three UofL Health facilities have received the American Heart Association /American Stroke Associationâ€™s Get With The GuidelinesÂ®-Stroke Gold Plusâ€¦
- 05/11/2020Life was good for the 48-year-old James Ashby, a husband, father and grandfather who worked full time as a QMA three days a week and at his family-â€¦
- 02/03/2020Dr. Brian Harbrecht, Professor of Surgery in the Department of Surgery at UofL and Director of Trauma Surgery at UofL Hospital, and Dr. Raymondâ€¦
- 11/26/2019Patients who are in the hospital during the holidays miss out on time with friends and family gathered around for a wonderful meal. This year, Alexâ€¦
- 11/06/2019Daniel Metzinger, MD Robotic surgery at UofL Health â€“ UofL Hospital has provided patients the benefits of smaller incisions, less pain, shorterâ€¦
- 11/01/2019The University of Louisville has completed its acquisition of KentuckyOne Healthâ€™s Louisville-area portfolio, ending two years of uncertainty aboutâ€¦
- 10/11/2019First-time parents Travis and Heather Coulterâ€™s twin infants, Samantha and Samuel, spent 75 days in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) at UofLâ€¦
More than 12,000 surgery procedures are completed at UofL Hospital annually including simple procedures, such as gallbladder surgery and hernia repair, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery to the most complex, including cancer treatment, vascular surgery and much more. Many of our procedures are minimally invasive, which means faster recovery, less scarring and quicker return to what matters most. In all, UofL Hospital has 18 operating rooms, including two featuring the da VinciÂ® Robot, and more than 40 multi-specialty surgeons who are also the teachers and researchers at UofL School of Medicine. Learn more about our Surgery Services