About UofL Hospital
As the academic hospital at the heart of the Louisville metro area, UofL Hospital is quite literally at the center of the latest developments in patient care. Our doctors, nurses and staff are pioneering the treatments that are shaping the future of health care.
The features of UofL Hospital â€“ including a top-notch cancer center, renowned trauma team and uniquely streamlined, nationally accredited stroke center â€“ are simply the latest innovations in our long history of world-class care. Our goal is not just to save lives and restore health, but get our patients back to enjoying their lives as fully and quickly as possible.
I love working here because we are an elite group. Our nurses perform at 110 percent and are always prepared for the unexpected.
University of Louisville Hospital News Highlights
- 10/01/2018UofL Hospital - Trauma Center will hold a symposium providing the latest information on innovative approaches to trauma and emergency care. This yearâ€¦
- 09/26/2018Join UofL Hospital - Comprehensive Stroke Center for the Strides for Stroke Walk on Saturday, Oct. 13 at Brown Park. This annual event is held toâ€¦
- 09/25/2018October is National Physical Therapy Awareness MonthÂ and UofL Hospitalâ€™s physical therapy department and trauma center are collaborating to spreadâ€¦
- 09/10/2018UofL Hospital Trauma Social Workers will lead the R.I.S.E. Club (Resiliency in a Supportive Environment) at the Boys & Girls Clubs of Kentuckianaâ€¦
- 08/22/2018The University of Louisville Hospital â€“ Comprehensive Stroke Center is piloting a new effort to provide follow-up care for stroke patients after theyâ€¦
- 08/13/2018Breastfeeding has numerous health benefits forÂ both baby and mom, but the natural process can come with struggles. The Lactation Center at UofLâ€¦
- 07/25/2018â€‹ â€‹For many people, a heart attack comes without warning, leading to death or perhaps changing life forever. But what if there was a way toâ€¦
- 07/18/2018â€śA Taste of Healthâ€ť event will be held on Thursday, July 26, to thank nurses and other health care workers for their service to the community duringâ€¦
- 07/16/2018University of Louisville Hospital and community partners will be offering free hepatitis C screenings at 18 locations in Louisville and surroundingâ€¦
More than 12,000 surgery procedures are completed at UofL Hospital annually including simple procedures, such as gallbladder surgery and hernia repair, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery to the most complex, including cancer treatment, vascular surgery and much more. Many of our procedures are minimally invasive, which means faster recovery, less scarring and quicker return to what matters most. In all, UofL Hospital has 18 operating rooms, including two featuring the da VinciÂ® Robot, and more than 40 multi-specialty surgeons who are also the teachers and researchers at UofL School of Medicine. Learn more about our Surgery Services