Job Shadowing Program
We are excited to partner with¬†high school juniors, seniors, and college students¬†to provide a behind-the-scenes look the daily responsibilities of UofL Hospital¬†professionals in the health care field. We hope you gain valuable insight about professions that interest you and other jobs of those who interact with the person that you are job shadowing.
- The job shadowing program is geared towards high school juniors, seniors, and college students.
- Shadowing times vary by area, but are generally from 8 a.m.‚Äínoon.
To get started,¬†complete the online application.¬†
After you've completed the application, we will reach out to you, to:¬†
- Sign the non-employee handbook acknowledgement page
- Sign a confidentiality agreement (note: for students under 18, a parent or legal guardian must also sign)
- Show proof of negative tuberculin (TB) skin test within 12 months of scheduled shadow date
- Show proof of flu vaccination (for observations from October to March)
- Provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccination
Please note: Dress code during observations is business casual or school provided scrubs. Open-toed shoes are prohibited. Hospital scrubs will be provided during surgery observations.